You often hear about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), but how SEO helps in digital marketing? SEO is one tool to support digital marketing. Several essential elements will help you to increase your sales traffic. In short, SEO is critical because it will help your website be more visible at the start of search engine pages. It also means more traffic and opportunities to convert prospects into customers.
What is SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a way or process of optimizing web pages, websites, or digital properties that aim to increase their organic ranking on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). In the beginning, SEO used this SEO to optimize content, technical performance, and website structure of web pages.
Today, however, off-site elements, such as backlinks from official sites and customer reviews on third-party platforms, play a significant role in the organic performance of a website. In general, SEO is classified into three: on-page SEO or what is usually known as organic SEO, off-page SEO, and technical.
Search engine optimization is a business product from search engines – the existence of a ranking factor on a search engine, of course, aims to determine which content is relevant to a keyword typed by a search engine user. Here is how search engines work in digital marketing.
- Crawling: Search engines are a medium for finding the content or keywords you want. That’s why Crawlers — also known as spiders — use links to find and re-find range; therefore, internal links and backlinks are essential for SEO.
- Indexing: search engines use indexing to store content from the web and deliver it through search results. Indexing occurs after crawling.
- Once crawling and indexing have taken place: search engines will analyze the page based on its ranking factors, such as Speed, Backlink profile, Keyword usage, Mobile friendly, And many more. Keep in mind that search engines like google also don’t publish their ranking factors.
Then, what are the benefits of SEO in digital marketing?
SEO is a meaningful way or strategy to help your business grow and reach its targets. Here are some of the benefits of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in digital marketing:
- Increase the online visibility of your business, such as getting your website on the top page of search engines and reaching more members of your target audience.
- Increase website traffic by increasing ranking in SERP. The goal is to increase website visitors, read your content, and review your products and services to increase sales and revenue for your business.
- Make Standout from competitors by increasing your credibility as an expert in your field to outperform your competitors and attract new customers.
- Promote products and services online to drive more sales and revenue for the business.
It is information about How SEO helps in digital marketing: definition, how it works, and benefits. It is helpful for those who want to increase business traffic and start learning SEO. You may also want to read our simple backlink strategies to boost website traffic immediately.